Crochet Name Doilies - Part 1 - Mastering the Techniques

Ok folks, here is my first attempt at a crocheting tutorial, so bear with me.

Since I recently did several name doilies for Christmas and had a request from a friend to teach her how to do this.  "Absolutely!" was my response. 😉

I have posted the video below.
Part 1 is for the BEGINNER, reviewing how to chain and double crochet and the basics of creating the foundation of a name doily.

We will use an H/5.00mm hook and worsted weight yarn for practice.


Watch Part 1A & Part 1B



Below is a diagram of what the structure should look like.
31b6a053afcf8a15e17e61fb87d428b4

Below is the drawn pattern for the practice project.
I have added the border rows on this chart to make it easier for beginners to see the spacing on your practice project.  These border rows may not be on other patterns found online.


Here is the image of my finished product.


As promised, this is the link to the site that I learned from when I first started doing name doilies!
Stay tuned for Part 2 - Creating a Name Doily Chart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Name Doily - Part 2 - Creating a Name Doily Chart

Crochet Name Doily - Part 3 - Starting Your Doily

Filet Crochet Name Doily Border