Crochet Name Doily - Part 2 - Creating a Name Doily Chart

Welcome back!!
Here is Part 2 of our Name Doily Tutorial!

Things you will need:
1) Grid Paper (you can find free printable versions online or buy a pad of it at the store)
2) Pencil (Trust me, you don't want to use pen.  You could make errors in charting or even decide to go back to adjust the letter pattern after your finished charting.)
3) Font Pattern (You can find these online, on Pinterest, or make up your own!  I choose to find them online/Pinterest.)  Fancy fonts are more difficult, so keep that in mind when looking.
Here is a sample font that I used for a doily recently.
Filet Crochet Block Alphabet Chart
For simplicity sake, I will use the pictured font above in the video tutorial.  Have your pencil and paper ready!




As recommended in the video, draw out the entire name before starting work on your doily.

Here is what it looked like when I used the Excel sheet to chart the letter.
Note that I still added a bold line two rows above and two rows below my letter to reference as I crochet.  This becomes even more important if using complex fonts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Name Doily - Part 3 - Starting Your Doily

Filet Crochet Name Doily Border